website statistics
79 year old care resident saved with LifeVac

79-Year-Old Care Resident Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #435

We are extremely pleased to share wonderful news from our partners in the UK

“We have been informed that LifeVac was called to action once again. This time within a care home situated in Scotland, in a choking emergency.”

A 79-year-old female resident with Dementia, was enjoying her meal. Food quickly became lodged in her airway, creating a full airway obstruction.  Staff acted quickly and accordingly delivering first aid BLS choking protocol (abdominal thrusts and back blows), but sadly these were not effective in dislodging the obstruction. The resident quickly became unconscious. Staff grabbed their LifeVac from the wall-mounted box and applied LifeVac to the resident who was laying on the floor. Within seconds LifeVac dislodged the obstruction, and the resident started to breathe again and regained consciousness.

If this device was not available this resident would have died, we had already unsuccessfully tried back slaps and Abdo thrusts prior to instructing staff to get seek the LifeVac for use.

— Manager
Easy to use, Minimal fuss, Effective


LifeVac Bundle Kit

Protect Your Loved Ones Today

Get our bundle kit. Protect your family in a choking emergency. This kit comes with everything you need. Receive a Home kit and Travel kit for only $139.90  $129.95.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *