website statistics

80-Year-Old-Female-Saved by Police Department’s use of LifeVac – #522

LifeVac is happy to share details of our 522nd life saved.

An 80-year-old nursing home resident was saved by LifeVac after a choking incident. While eating dinner, the patient choked on chicken and French fries, which caused a total obstruction in her airway. Nursing home staff acted immediately and began protocol with the Heimlich maneuver, as well as called 911. The Heimlich was unsuccessful and the patient became unconscious. When the police officers arrived, they went to use the LifeVac right away. With two attempts of the LifeVac, the food was dislodged, and the patient was breathing on her own.

“We had received the LifeVac as a donation to the department and had only had it a few days. Frankly, we didn’t think much of it. After the staff’s efforts and traditional protocol failed, the LifeVac was able to dislodge the food from the patient’s airway and allow her to breathe on her own.”

LifeVac Bundle Kit

Protect Your Loved Ones Today

Get our bundle kit. Protect your family in a choking emergency. This kit comes with everything you need. Receive a Home kit and Travel kit for only $139.90  $129.95.

ADD TO CART

Leave a Reply