We are pleased to announce LifeVac has saved its 10th life! This time in another UK care home United Health. LifeVac was used on a 68-year-old male with Down Syndrome who choked on a hard chunk of chocolate and became unconscious when BLS choking protocol failed. On the 2nd application of LifeVac the chocolate came out, paramedics then arrived to take the male away for observations where he returned the next day in perfect condition.
We are excited to share news from the UK office on the 9TH LIFE SAVED USING LIFEVAC: We are very proud & pleased to share news of our 9th LIFE SAVED!! LifeVac saved the life of a resident who choked in an Exemplar Healthcare care home during meal time after standard BLS protocol failed & they became unconscious. This shows once again why LifeVac is needed in the healthcare Sector & why it has been recognized as an unmet medical need by MHRA. This is our 6th life saved in the care home sector and 4th in the UK. LifeVac is the only non-invasive anti-choking device with interchangeable masks for […]
Springfield Gardens, NY The LifeVac rescue suction device has registered its eighth global save and first from an emergency medical services response team. EMS rescue worker, Christos Dimitriadis, from E.K.A.B. in Athens, Greece reported the save. “On October 21st, 2017 we received a call regarding a possible choking and foreign body airway obstruction to a 40-year-old woman”, said Mr. Dimitriadis. “The nearest ambulance arrived within two minutes and began airway obstruction protocol, including the Heimlich and back blows, with no effect. Our vehicle arrived after another four minutes and we immediately began using the LifeVac. After three technical suctions the foreign object was removed from the oral cavity. We confirmed […]
The American College of Emergency Physicians – The abstract describing the success of the LifeVac in removing an airway obstruction in an adolescent simulator model will be presented at 2017 ACEP Research Forum.
FARMINGDALE, N.Y., June 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ LifeVac, the device designed to save the life of a choking victim, has saved the life of a female nursing home resident in Dyfed, Wales. “We are very happy to learn that LifeVac has successfully saved a person from choking to death,” said founder and President Arthur Lih. The Allt-y-Mynydd Care Home in Dyfed, Wales, purchased a LifeVac after a resident choked to death in January. Two days after receiving their LifeVac a female resident was choking on her lunch. An attendant used the LifeVac to successfully remove the object and clear the victim’s airway with one pull on the device. “LifeVac was developed […]
NEW YORK, March 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — The American Journal of Emergency Medicine has published an independent study documenting the effectiveness of LifeVac in removing an obstruction from a blocked airway. “This is a significant moment in our quest to reduce the number of choking deaths each year and validates what we at LifeVac already knew. The LifeVac should be used as a last resort in a choking emergency or when the Heimlich Maneuver cannot be used,” said Arthur Lih, Founder, CEO & Inventor of LifeVac. “This peer review provides credibility from the leading authority in emergency medicine that the LifeVac will effectively pull an object from an obstructed airway and […]
On July 13th 2015, LifeVac was notified of its selection for poster presentation at this year’s ACG 80th Annual conference taking place October 16th through October 21st 2015 at the Hawaii Conference Center in Honolulu, HI. The presentation will be led by Dr. Lisa Brody, MD FACG. “We are very excited to have been selected as a poster presenter at this year’s conference. Dr. Brody is a respected expert in her field and we could not ask for a better representation for LifeVac,” said Arthur Lih, founder and president of LifeVac. “We look forward to demonstrating LifeVac’s effectiveness to the 4,000 gastroenterologists, physicians and other health care professionals who will […]