The team at LifeVac Europe is very pleased to share the wonderful news that LifeVac has saved another life in the adult care sector.
It has been reported to us that LifeVac was used within a Hallmark care home to help save a life in a choking emergency.
An elderly female resident with Down Syndrome was sitting down enjoying her meal when she came into difficulty. Food had become lodged in her airway creating a full airway obstruction.
Hallmark care home employees acted quickly delivering BLS choking protocol. Unfortunately, back blows and abdominal thrusts were not able to dislodge the full airway obstruction.
A nurse quickly retrieved their LifeVac device from their wall-mounted kit and within seconds, on the 1 st application LifeVac dislodged the food and the resident made a full recovery, avoiding a trip to A&E.
A free replacement LifeVac was dispatched the same day.
“Good device and easy to use.” – nurse
Daniel, from LifeVac Europe, commented: “We are very happy that LifeVac Europe has saved another life and we are proud to support Hallmark care homes with the outstanding quality of care they provide. We have saved over 186 lives now in a choking emergency when all else has failed or BLS choking protocol cannot be performed, making a huge impact with one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65.”
Protect Your Loved Ones Today
Get our bundle kit. Protect your family in a choking emergency. This kit comes with everything you need. Receive a Home kit and Travel kit for only