website statistics

LifeVac Registers 35th Life Saved

A 6-year-old boy was eating Spanish cured ham and began to choke. The Heimlich was carried out by his father without success. The child’s father is a Paramedic and is trained in the choking protocol. The ham mixed with the saliva made it difficult to dislodge the blockage. The LifeVac was retrieved from the kitchen and on the second attempt, the bolus was dislodged. There were no adverse effects when LifeVac was used.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *