On the 18th of November, LifeVac Europe was informed once again it had been used to save another life.
This time to save a residents life in a Future Care Group home in Chichester. It was only in October that Future Care Group partnered with LifeVac and we completed regional training for their group rollout. Future Care Group provides Nursing Care, Residential Care, Respite Care, Convalescent and post-operative care, Palliative, and terminal care.
Sue Roberts, Group Head of Quality and Compliance from The Future Care Group commented: “Choking is one of the leading causes of accidental death in the UK and across the world and sadly a common occurrence within the care home setting. We worked with the LifeVac team to put this simple to use the device in all our homes and within one month of introducing it have successfully used it to support one of our residents. It can be a very frightening situation when someone starts to choke but the staff in the homes now have the additional confidence that when all other protocols have failed to clear the airway they have LifeVac to help them.”