LifeVac Saves 57th Life in Care Home

LIFEVAC is proud to announce our 57th LIFE SAVED!  Two lives saved within a matter of days in Hallmark Care Homes. This month they had to put their training to the test when two residents within their group days apart began to choke during meal times. Several nurses who managed the choking incident carried out BLS protocol with no success.  LifeVac was used to dislodge the blockage and saved the female patient’s life.

Choking is a very common occurrence in the care sector due to the nature of who care providers care for on a daily basis. There are many reasons for this such as Dysphagia, physical disabilities, side effects from medications being taken which reduce the amount of saliva we produce, neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease and Huntington’s Disease.

Leave a Reply