It has been reported to LifeVac Europe that LifeVac was put to the test once again within the care sector when a resident began to choke. A resident began to choke during mealtime within Runwood Homes Senior Living, staff carried out BLS protocol but as this incident was a partial obstruction BLS was ineffective. Staff acted quickly and used LifeVac which dislodged the obstruction in seconds.
Gavin O’Hare-Connolly, Chief Operating Officer of Runwood Homes Senior Living commented:
“The team at LifeVac presented their thorough knowledge regarding choking risks within the residential care sector and professionally demonstrated the capability and benefits of their invention to deal with such risks. In doing so, they instilled confidence within our leadership team and it was an easy decision to become a partner. LifeVac is invaluable, lifesaving technology and we feel that it is essential to support our staff at Runwood Homes with such crucial lifesaving equipment. LifeVac will protect all of our residents, especially those who are living with a neurological condition, such as dementia or Alzheimer’s, and with an increased choking risk.”