LifeVac registers its 210th life saved.
The team at LifeVac Europe is extremely proud to share the news that LifeVac has once again saved another life within the UK care home. This time an 81-year-old female resident was enjoying her meal when she came into difficulty. Bread and meat had become lodged in her airway creating a full airway obstruction. Nurses quickly came to her aid delivering BLS choking protocol to try and dislodge the obstruction. The resident started to become unconscious and due to her being in a sitting position abdominal thrusts were extremely hard to perform.
As the resident had become unconscious, a nurse quickly moved the resident to the floor while the other nurse ran to grab their LifeVac from the wall-mounted box. LifeVac was applied within seconds and removed the full airway obstruction (meat and bread) and the resident regained consciousness, saving her life.
The resident was checked over by paramedics due to receiving BLS choking protocol and was given the “all clear”.
“Very easy to put together and worked instantly” – Nurse
“Despite BLS we could not remove the obstruction. If the device had not been used the resident would have almost certainly died” – Nurse
Protect Your Loved Ones Today
Get our bundle kit. Protect your family in a choking emergency. This kit comes with everything you need. Receive a Home kit and Travel kit for only