website statistics

Tag Archives: Anti-choking device

22-Year-Old Chokes on Pizza and is Saved with LifeVac – #466

22 year old chokes on pizza and is saved with LifeVac

LifeVac announces our 466th life saved It was reported to us on August 16th that a choking incident took place in California.  A 22-year-old male choked on a piece of pizza. Choking rescue procedures were carried out but were unsuccessful.  LifeVac was utilized and on the first attempt successfully dislodged the pizza from the choking patient’s… Read more

Parent Saves 4-Year-Old Boy with LifeVac – #465

LifeVac used to save young boy from Choking

LifeVac announces our 465th life saved On August 20th it was reported to us that a 4-year-old little boy choked on a biscuit causing what the parent believes was a total obstruction. The child’s parent attempted choking rescue protocol but even with several attempts back blows failed.to dislodge the piece of biscuit. Thankfully they had a… Read more

NJ First Aid Rescue Saves Woman from Choking with LifeVac – #464

LifeVac used by first responders to save a life

LifeVac is thrilled to share news of our 464th life saved On August 17th a New Jersey First Aid Rescue Squad responded to a choking emergency at the home residence of a 49-year-old female.  The woman was choking on a piece of London broil causing a partial obstruction.  The family performed the Heimlich & back blows… Read more

EMS Responders Save 64-Year-Old in Care Home with LifeVac – #463

EMS responder saves patient at care home using Lifevac

LifeVac is thrilled to announce our 463rd life saved On August 7th a 64-year-old stroke patient at a nursing home choked on a breadstick.  The food caused a total obstruction of the gentleman’s airway.  Staff at the care home performed basic life support protocol but were unsuccessful in dislodging the breadstick. LifeVac was used by EMS responders…. Read more

9-Month-Old Baby Chokes on Velcro and is Saved with LifeVac – #462

Father saves his baby boy using LifeVac

LifeVac announces our 462nd life saved On August 7th a 9-month baby boy choked on a piece of Velcro from a toy kids’ toy.  The Velcro caused a total obstruction to the child’s airway.  The child’s parent used the LifeVac immediately after seeing his son in complete distress. He laid him on the countertop and used the LifeVac… Read more

1-Year-Old Choked on Apple and Saved with LifeVac – #461

461st Life Saved in Choking Emergency

LifeVac announces our 461st life saved It was reported to us on August 17th that a one-year-old little girl choked on an apple causing a total obstruction. She suffers from febrile seizures. Her father performed choking rescue procedures, but attempts failed. LifeVac was used one time and successfully removed the obstruction saving her life. “My daughter would not… Read more

2-Year-Old Goes Unconscious from Choking and is Saved with LifeVac – #460

2 year old goes unconscious and is saved with LifeVac

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 460th life saved It was reported to us on August 17th that a 2-year-old little girl choked on a piece of candy causing her airway to be completely blocked.  Her parent performed back blows but attempts failed.  Thankfully they had a LifeVac as the child went unconscious. The… Read more

Nursing Home Patient Chokes and Is Saved with LifeVac – #459

459th life saved by LIfeVac

LifeVac registers our 459th life saved On August 1st an 86-year female patient in a Wisconsin nursing home choked on a piece of chicken.  The food caused a total blockage of her airway.  Nursing staff attempted basic life support skills but were unsuccessful.  LifeVac was then utilized and on the second attempt, the chicken was dislodged saving… Read more

8-Month-Old Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #458

458th life saved with LifeVac

LifeVac is thrilled to announce our 458th life saved On August 8th an 8-month-old baby boy choked on a piece of bread that was given to him by a sibling causing a partially obstructed airway.  Choking rescue procedures were performed but failed to remove the food. “As he continued to struggle with the food it appeared that his… Read more

Police Officer Saves Woman that Choked on Pill with LifeVac – #457

457th life saved with LifeVac

LifeVac announces news of our 457th life saved It was reported to us by a New Jersey Police Department that a choking incident took place at the home residence of a 54-year-old female.  The woman choked on a supplement pill. Upon arriving at the home residence, the patient was standing over the kitchen sink. Back blows… Read more