website statistics

Tag Archives: Choking First Aid

3-month-old saved from choking using LifeVac

3-Month-Old Saved with LifeVac – #172

LifeVac is delighted to announce its 172nd life saved. It was reported to us that a 3-month-old baby girl was saved with the LifeVac device. The baby was choking on mucous from aspirating vomit.  She was not breathing when her mother used the LifeVac.  We are so thankful LifeVac successfully removed the mucous from her… Read more

Grandmother Saves Granddaughter from Choking with LifeVac

Grandmother Saves Granddaughter with LifeVac – #171

LifeVac announces its 171st life saved! It has been reported to us from a grandmother that LifeVac saved her granddaughter’s life when she began choking on a grape.  The grape caused a total obstruction of her airway and choking rescue procedures were unsuccessful.  LifeVac was utilized and on the first application, the grape was dislodged. … Read more

LifeVac Registers Another Life Saved – #170

LifeVac registers its 170th life saved! An individual in Minnesota began choking on food causing an obstructed airway.  Choking rescue protocol was performed but was unsuccessful.  LifeVac was quickly used and in the 1st place, push, pull motion the food was dislodged opening the choking victim’s airway.  “The food was removed and breathing fine”.  We… Read more

LifeVac Saves Another Child from Choking – #169

LifeVac announces its 169th life saved! It has been reported to us that a child in Florida choked on a rubber bullet that became lodged in the child’s airway.  Choking rescue procedures were performed but to no avail.  Upon using the LifeVac the obstruction was dislodged enabling the child to breathe.  “It took the rubber… Read more

LifeVac Saves 3-Year-Old in Choking Emergency – #168

LifeVac is thrilled to announce and share details on our 168th life saved! A 3-year-old little girl choked on a peanut butter pretzel nugget causing a full airway obstruction. Her father an EMT & fireman attempted to dislodge the obstruction with back blows but was unsuccessful.  His daughter was changing color, not moving any air,… Read more

LifeVac Saves Man with Facial Hair from Choking

LifeVac Saves 77 Year Old Man from Choking – #167

LifeVac is delighted to announce its 167 life saved! We received news that a 77-year old gentleman with facial hair was saved with LifeVac when he choked on a large piece of chicken.  He was enjoying an enchilada when the chicken became lodged in his airway.  Thankfully his daughter had a LifeVac in their home… Read more

LifeVac Saves a Woman with Lou Gehrig’s Disease from Choking – #166

LifeVac is proud to announce its 166th life saved. A woman with Lou Gehrig’s disease experienced a frightening choking scare while eating a hamburger.  Thankfully her daughter had a LifeVac on hand and used the rescue device to remove the obstruction.  “Object came out and she started breathing again”. She had trouble swallowing and we always… Read more

Elderly Patient in Wheelchair Saved with LifeVac – #165

We are extremely pleased to share news from our partners at LifeVac Europe that LifeVac has helped save another life within the UK eldercare sector. A resident who relies on a wheelchair for everyday tasks was enjoying their food during dinner. Within seconds food unfortunately became lodged in their airway creating a full airway obstruction…. Read more

Woman Saves Stranger at Restaurant with Lifevac when Heimlich fails

Woman Saves a Man in Restaurant with LifeVac – #164

LifeVac is thrilled to share details on our 164th life saved. “Just used my LifeVac on an elderly man choking in a restaurant tonight. I bought for my baby (now toddler) and have kept it on me 24/7 ever since. I thank god we were theretonight to help this man when the Heimlich failed twice…. Read more

LifeVac Saves Another Life in the Elder Care Sector – #163

LifeVac is proud to share more wonderful news that another life has been saved within the eldercare sector in the UK. The choking experts at LifeVac Europe are extremely proud to share more amazing news this week. LifeVac has been used again to save a life within Dovehaven care homes, thanks to the quick-thinking actions… Read more