website statistics

Tag Archives: Choking First Aid

LifeVac Saves Patient from Choking – 141st Life Saved

LifeVac Saves Life in Care Home

LifeVac registers its 141st life saved.  LifeVac used to save another Long Term Care Home Resident in Ontario, Canada! We are delighted to have received the news that LifeVac was used to save an 84-year-old resident on May 15th. The gentleman was sitting in a wheelchair and experienced a full blockage choking emergency. Fast-acting staff… Read more

LifeVac Saves Elderly Patient from Choking – 140th Life Saved

LifeVac Saves Patient in Hospital from Choking

LifeVac proudly announces our 140th life saved. An elderly patient in a long-term care facility choked on turkey.  Protocol was performed but was unsuccessful. The patient was transported to the hospital where hospital staff scoped the patient but was unable to locate the FBAO. All other rescue methods were attempted and failed.  The nurse practitioner… Read more

LifeVac Saves Teenager from Choking – 139th Life Saved

Choking First Aid saves life after Heimlich Fails

LifeVac proudly announces its 139th life saved.  An adolescent boy started choking on a piece of chicken causing him to gasp for air as his lips started to turn blue.  Thankfully his father a first responder knew exactly what to do, however, the Heimlich maneuver was unsuccessful.  He quickly grabbed the LifeVac and on the… Read more

LifeVac Registers 138th Life Saved

LifeVac saves patient in Care Home

It was reported to the team at LifeVac Europe, that LifeVac has been used again within Dovehaven Care Homes to prevent a choking emergency. Thanks to the quick-thinking team within Dovenhaven Care Homes and the use of their LifeVac ACD. LifeVac Prevents Choking Emergency Within Dovehaven Care Homes It’s with great pleasure the team at… Read more

LifeVac Registers 137th Life Saved

Choking First Aid saves 137th Life

LifeVac proudly announces its 137th life saved!  A 70-year-old female at an adult foster home in Michigan began choking on a mini meatball.  The house mother attempted the Heimlich but unfortunately was unsuccessful. The patient went unresponsive and was laid down.  On the 2-3 attempt of the LifeVac, the meatball popped out, The resident was… Read more

LifeVac Registers 136th Life Saved

LifeVac is thrilled to share details on our 136th life saved!  Here is Dad’s story on the frightening choking scare. Two moms’ and LifeVac saved my daughter’s life on Mother’s Day. Long story short, I cut up strawberries for our two-year-old daughter at a Mother’s day gathering on Sunday. When my back was turned, she… Read more

LifeVac Registers 134th Life Saved

18-month-old saved from choking with LifeVac

We are overjoyed to share the news that LifeVac has saved another child!  This is the 134th life saved! An 18-month-old boy choked on a cap gun bullet.  He was gasping for air and then turning purple.  Mom performed back slaps and turned him upside down but nothing worked. His eyes were bulging.  The older… Read more

LifeVac Registers 118th Life Saved

An 81-year-old female patient at an eldercare home in Spain suffered a full airway obstruction when she began choking on a chocolate profiterole (sweet bun). Staff performed the Heimlich maneuver but failed to dislodge the food stuck in her airway. LifeVac was used twice and successfully removed the obstruction saving the patient’s life. Staff stated:… Read more

LifeVac Registers 117th Life Saved

LifeVac Saves 117th Life from Choking

The team at LifeVac Europe is very pleased to share amazing news, we have been informed that LifeVac has saved its first life within Priory Group in a choking emergency. A resident was enjoying their evening meal when they came into difficulty and started choking. Staff acted very quickly delivering back blows and abdominal thrusts… Read more

LifeVac Saves 115th Life in Choking Emergency

Toddler saved from Choking with LifeVac

LifeVac saves another child! This is the 115th life saved worldwide.  A 3-year-old little girl was sitting in her highchair eating a small piece of a hot dog when she began choking. Her mother knew she was in distress and immediately grabbed the LifeVac which she kept in close by.  While her little girl was… Read more