website statistics

Tag Archives: Elder care

LifeVac saves elder care resident from choking #370

Elderly Resident in UK Care Home Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #370

LifeVac is proud to announce our 370th life saved The team at LifeVac Europe shared news of another life saved in the UK care home. Continuing to help reduce one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65…choking. An elderly resident who resides in a care home in the South… Read more

LifeVac used to save elder care home resident

LifeVac Used to Save Elderly Resident in UK Care Home – #353

LifeVac announces our 353rd life saved We are thrilled to share news of another life saved in the UK care sector, this time within the largest care home provider in the UK.  It was reported to us, that an elderly resident who relies on a wheelchair for daily tasks and suffers from Dementia came into difficulty while… Read more

LifeVac used to save elderly patient in nursing home

LifeVac Used in Nursing Home to Save a Life – #343

LifeVac registers our 343rd life saved We are thrilled to share news from our partners in the UK. The team at LifeVac Europe is proud to share news of another life saved within Pilling Nursing Home. It was reported to us that an elderly resident was enjoying their meal when suddenly they came into difficulty. Food had become… Read more

LifeVac saves 355th life from choking

Elderly Care Home Resident Saved by LifeVac device – #335

LifeVac is proud to share news from our UK partners on the 335th life saved It was reported to us, that an elderly person residing in a care home in York, came into difficulty while eating. Food became lodged in their airway creating a full airway obstruction. Nurses acted quickly delivering BLS first aid choking protocol… Read more

Caregiver Saves Woman with Parkinsons from Choking

Caregiver Uses LifeVac to Save 86-Year-Old from Choking – #330

LifeVac announces our 330th life saved It was reported to us on March 2nd that another choking incident took place in California.  An 86-year-old woman with Parkinson’s Disease choked on a piece of chicken causing a partial obstruction.  Her daughter was with her at the time and called for her caregiver to come help.  The caregiver right… Read more

LifeVac Saves Care Resident in Wheelchair

Resident in Care Home Saved with LifeVac – #235

LifeVac is thrilled to share news of our 235th life saved.  It has been reported to us by our UK partners that LifeVac has saved another life in the UK care sector. We were informed LifeVac was used within The Percy Hedley Foundations when a person with Cerebral Palsy was enjoying a meal when mashed… Read more

LifeVac Saves Another Life In Care Home – #210

LifeVac registers its 210th life saved. The team at LifeVac Europe is extremely proud to share the news that LifeVac has once again saved another life within the UK care home. This time an 81-year-old female resident was enjoying her meal when she came into difficulty. Bread and meat had become lodged in her airway… Read more

LifeVac Saves a Life in Spain – #208

LifeVac registers its 208th life saved. LifeVac Europe is thrilled to announce the news that we have helped save another life in a choking emergency, this time within a nursing home in Murcia, Spain. It was reported to LifeVac Europe through our distributor, LifeVac Spain (LifeVac es), an 89-year-old female was enjoying her dinner when… Read more

82-Year-Old with Dysphagia Saved with LifeVac – #205

LifeVac is delighted to announce its 205th life saved. An 82-year-old woman with dysphagia choked on a combination of pureed foods while eating lunch.  Her nurse performed back blows but was not able to clear her airway.  The Heimlich could not be performed as the woman is very fragile and weighs only 80 pounds.  The LifeVac… Read more

183rd life saved using LifeVac

Mom Saves Her Daughter from Choking with LifeVac – #183

LifeVac is excited to announce its 183rd life saved.   A 7 ½-month-old baby girl choked on a ball of paper.  The parent attempted back blows but nothing was not able to dislodge the obstruction. The child’s mom shares her story of the frightening choking scare. “Life can change within seconds. Nina choked on a paper straw… Read more

125