website statistics

Tag Archives: Elderly

81-Year-Old Woman Saved with LifeVac – #505

LifeVac is thrilled to share details on our 505th life saved. On September 9th the Coral Springs Fire Department responded to a choking emergency at a local restaurant.  An 81-year-old female choked on a piece of steak.  The meat caused a total obstruction. They, unfortunately, had a choking death in their city 16-17 years ago. … Read more

Elderly Man Chokes on Pizza Dough Saved with LifeVac – #377

LifeVac is used by Fire department to save older man from choking

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 377th life saved It was reported to us that on February 7th first responders in Michigan were called to the choking incident of an 83-year-old male. The family had just returned from picking up a pizza for dinner when the gentleman started choking on pizza dough (5.5 cm long) The fire department… Read more

Emergency Services Use LifeVac to Save 71-Year-Old Woman from Choking – #375

Emergency services save 71 year old female from choking using LifeVac

LifeVac is proud to share news of our 375th life saved On May 29th it was reported to us that a 71-year-old female began choking and was in need of medical attention.  Emergency & Rescue Squad services responded to the choking emergency.   BLS protocol was attempted but failed to clear her airway.  It is unknown what the woman was… Read more

Woman Chokes in Restaurant and Saved by Good Samaritans with LifeVac – #374

LifeVac saves 374th life in restaurant

LifeVac is thrilled to share news of our 374th life saved It was reported to us that on May 20th an elderly female began choking on a piece while at a restaurant.  The food caused a total blockage of her airway, and the patient went unconscious. We are so thankful for the TWO (2) Good Samaritans that came to… Read more

Elderly Man in Care Home Saved by LifeVac – #325

Elderly Man Saved from Choking with LifeVac

We are extremely pleased to share news of our 325th life saved. It was reported to us by our partners in the UK that LifeVac was deployed within a care home in a choking emergency. The care home provider has requested not to be named which we fully respect. An elderly resident was sitting down enjoying their… Read more