Tag Archives: LifeVac

News Release August 1, 2019 LifeVac saves a 6-year-old child in Strathmore, Alberta LifeVac Canada is overjoyed to report that Logan has fully recovered from a block airway emergency! “On August 1, my 6-year-old boy had been counting the money he had just received from the tooth fairy the night before. I went down to the kitchen when suddenly he came running down, unable to breathe and began turning blue. I as a parent have never been so afraid. Before my eyes, my beautiful little boy was choking. A few months prior I had purchased a LifeVac and although I had hoped to never need it, I am so beyond […]

LifeVac is thrilled to report that another life was saved today. This is the 27th reported life saved to date. Here is a testimonial from a staff member: “I work at an assisted living facility and one of our residents began choking during dinner, we attempted the Heimlich which was unsuccessful. We then used the LifeVac and we were able to dislodge the bolus of food from her airway. Paramedics arrived on the scene within 7 minutes and the paramedic instructed me to continue using the LifeVac until they had their suction tube ready for use. By the time paramedics arrived this 92-year-old resident was already breathing and most of […]

On the 7th of December LifeVac was featured on the Doctors Show with an interview from Angela Powell, who talks about her experience of saving her elderly mother-in-laws life by using LifeVac. The Doctors Show are specialists from across health and wellness fields that join ER physician Dr. Travis Stork, Dr. Andrew Ordon, OB/GYN Dr. Nita Landry and dermatologist Dr. Sonia Batra who delve into real-life stories and conduct interviews as well as provide sought-after answers, interventions, tips, and care. Angela Powell purchased LifeVac after seeing viral videos circulating social media. During a family meal, Angela’s elderly mother-in-law started choking on a piece of meat. Leaving the table quickly so […]

Springfield Gardens, NY The LifeVac rescue suction device has registered its eighth global save and first from an emergency medical services response team.  EMS rescue worker, Christos Dimitriadis, from E.K.A.B. in Athens, Greece reported the save. “On October 21st, 2017 we received a call regarding a possible choking and foreign body airway obstruction to a 40-year-old woman”, said Mr. Dimitriadis. “The nearest ambulance arrived within two minutes and began airway obstruction protocol, including the Heimlich and back blows, with no effect. Our vehicle arrived after another four minutes and we immediately began using the LifeVac. After three technical suctions the foreign object was removed from the oral cavity. We confirmed […]

FARMINGDALE, N.Y., June 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ LifeVac, the device designed to save the life of a choking victim, has saved the life of a female nursing home resident in Dyfed, Wales. “We are very happy to learn that LifeVac has successfully saved a person from choking to death,” said founder and President Arthur Lih. The Allt-y-Mynydd Care Home in Dyfed, Wales, purchased a LifeVac after a resident choked to death in January. Two days after receiving their LifeVac a female resident was choking on her lunch.  An attendant used the LifeVac to successfully remove the object and clear the victim’s airway with one pull on the device. “LifeVac was developed […]

NEW YORK, March 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — The American Journal of Emergency Medicine has published an independent study documenting the effectiveness of LifeVac in removing an obstruction from a blocked airway. “This is a significant moment in our quest to reduce the number of choking deaths each year and validates what we at LifeVac already knew. The LifeVac should be used as a last resort in a choking emergency or when the Heimlich Maneuver cannot be used,” said Arthur Lih, Founder, CEO & Inventor of LifeVac. “This peer review provides credibility from the leading authority in emergency medicine that the LifeVac will effectively pull an object from an obstructed airway and […]

Both my mother and father live with MS in Sarasota, FL.  My mother lives with primary progressive MS and my father was initially diagnosed with relapsing-remitting MS which has now progressed to secondary progressive MS .  Despite the variances in their disease-related impairment and progression, they both share difficulties with swallowing, even early on post-diagnosis.  My mom has experienced several episodes of choking and several months ago choked on a donut, turned blue, and fell unconscious.  Despite many efforts, the several caregivers present at the time could not effectively perform the Heimlich maneuver.  It took a large 6’4 gentleman from EMS to perform the Heimlich six times before the food […]