Tag Archives: Save someone choking

LifeVac Registers 86th Life Saved

Fantastic news! We received news from our UK partners that LifeVac has helped save another homecare resident’s life. Our partners shared the following: We are VERY proud to share the news that LifeVac has helped save another life in a choking emergency! This is the 5th time LifeVac has helped save a life within Four Seasons Health Care since their group roll out!

85th Life Saved – Toddler Saved from Choking

GREAT NEWS! LifeVac is thrilled to announce that on November 7th we received word that another child was saved with LifeVac. This is the 31st child saved! Here is the mom’s testimonial. So grateful for LIfeVac! I was running errands when I got a call from my husband saying she is OK. Every mom’s worst nightmare and father’s greatest fear, our daughter had tried to eat a leaf that was occluding her airway. By the time he reached 911 and then waited for the emergency response team it would have been almost 13 minutes thankfully as he waited for them to arrive, he was able to dislodge the leaf and […]

LifeVac Registers 84th Life Saved

Another child has been saved! We are delighted to share that this is the 84th life that LifeVac has saved worldwide. Here is the parent’s testimonial: “We almost lost our son due to a choking incident with a grape in October 2019. Unfortunately, we did not own a LifeVac back then and he was ultimately saved by a team effort of us, neighbors, and paramedics. After our son’s first incident, we now have a LifeVac at home and in both cars. He has since had two other issues with choking. He choked during breakfast on a piece of hard-boiled egg that created a full blockage in his airway. With one […]

LifeVac Saves 83rd Life

We are thrilled to share that LifeVac has saved another life!  This is an incredible story of a mom who saved her daughter when she choked back in March of 2020 has now given GIFT OF LIFE to a 38-year-old girl she cares for. “Your company’s device saved my daughter and you were gracious enough to send me multiple units to donate to choose schools, nursing homes, and day programs near me. I have amazing news! As you know, I’m a Home Healthcare Worker. I take care of a girl who cannot walk or talk (she has microcephaly) and I have been her CNA. She is severely disabled and functions at […]

LifeVac Registers 79th Life Saved

It seems we are sharing every week now that LifeVac is used to help dislodge an obstruction in a choking emergency whether that be a full or partial obstruction. It has been reported to the team here at LifeVac Europe that LifeVac has been used for the first time within TLC Care in their Cambridge Manor Residential Nursing Dementia Care Home.  A resident was enjoying their dinner, but came into difficulties and began to choke which became a partial obstruction. BLS was carried out by the quick-thinking staff/nurses which unfortunately failed to dislodge any of the obstruction. Staff quickly used LifeVac to dislodge the food bolus. Matthew Banagan from LifeVac Europe commented: “This […]

LifeVac Saves 78th Life from Choking

It has been reported to us that LifeVac has been used again in the UK care sector, this time within Dovehaven Care Homes. Staff acted swiftly delivering BLS protocol which unfortunately failed to clear the gentleman’s airway obstruction. LifeVac was used to clear the obstruction and saved the gentleman’s life within seconds.  Managing Director, with her colleagues made the decision like many other care groups across the UK small and large to equip the safest and most proven/effective defense to safeguard the amazing people they care for in a choking emergency for their care group……LifeVac.    

LifeVac Saves 77th Life

It has been reported to LifeVac Europe that LifeVac was put to the test once again within the care sector when a resident began to choke. A resident began to choke during mealtime within Runwood Homes Senior Living, staff carried out BLS protocol but as this incident was a partial obstruction BLS was ineffective. Staff acted quickly and used LifeVac which dislodged the obstruction in seconds. Gavin O’Hare-Connolly, Chief Operating Officer of Runwood Homes Senior Living commented: “The team at LifeVac presented their thorough knowledge regarding choking risks within the residential care sector and professionally demonstrated the capability and benefits of their invention to deal with such risks. In doing so, they instilled […]

LifeVac Registers 72nd Life Saved

We are thrilled to share new great news from our UK partners:  “It was reported to us that LifeVac was used successfully to clear an obstruction of the airway within Akari Care when one of the wonderful people that they care for began to choke during mealtime. When a resident began to choke staff acted quickly delivering BLS protocol which failed to dislodge the obstruction. LifeVac was deployed within seconds clearing the resident’s airway.  Akari Care completed their group roll out of LifeVac in December of 2019, which like many other care groups has proven to be a great success in the time of need in a choking emergency.”   […]

LifeVac Saves 67th Life

We are excited to share LifeVac registers its 67th life saved.  We have been that another life saved within the Spanish care sector when a 44-year-old female resident began to choke in a Daycare home in Valencia, Spain.  The female resident started choking on her turkey sandwich, which became a full airway obstruction. Staff again acted very quickly delivering BLS protocol which failed to dislodge the large food bolus. LifeVac was then deployed and dislodged the ball of bread and meat in her airway. The resident began to breathe again making a full recovery.

LifeVac Registers 61st Life Saved from Spain

WONDERFUL NEWS TO SHARE FROM SPAIN! 🧡💙❤️ LifeVac has saved another a life! “In these times where COVID19 has overtaken much of our attention, I am very happy to announce that LifeVac has been used in Spain to save the life of an elder man in a care home!! From the care home, they called the ambulance, that was equipped with LifeVac and they used it to dislodge the food (3 mushroom giant pieces!)”