Tag Archives: Saved Life

LifeVac Registers 75th Life Saved from Choking

A female resident of a care home in Almeria, Spain became unconscious when she began choking on her meal of rice and vegetables. The resident was laying on the floor following dedicated staff carrying out BLS protocol which unfortunately failed to dislodge the obstruction. Staff quickly utilized LifeVac which dislodged the bolus of chewed up rice and vegetables saving her life.  Due to receiving BLS protocol the resident was given an x-ray as a precaution and given the “all clear”. LifeVac Europe’s Managing Director, commented: “It’s great to hear all of these recent lives being saved by LifeVac when all else fails. LifeVac is equipped in care homes around the world […]

LifeVac Saves the Life of 2 Year Old Girl – 71st Save

All of us at LifeVac are thrilled to hear about another young life saved from choking. Read about the event below. Testimonial from the child’s mother: “First let me start by saying that my beautiful, smart, and full of life 2-year-old daughter would not be with me today without LifeVac. Eva was sitting next to me, eating a piece of candy in our living room when I watched her suck in and start choking. Immediately I knew her airway was completely blocked and I started administering back blows. There was no coughing, no gasping, no crying screams – the complete lack of breath sounds were terrifying. Eva was desperately trying to […]

LifeVac Registers 61st Life Saved from Spain

WONDERFUL NEWS TO SHARE FROM SPAIN! 🧡💙❤️ LifeVac has saved another a life! “In these times where COVID19 has overtaken much of our attention, I am very happy to announce that LifeVac has been used in Spain to save the life of an elder man in a care home!! From the care home, they called the ambulance, that was equipped with LifeVac and they used it to dislodge the food (3 mushroom giant pieces!)”

LifeVac Saves 57th Life in Care Home

LIFEVAC is proud to announce our 57th LIFE SAVED!  Two lives saved within a matter of days in Hallmark Care Homes. This month they had to put their training to the test when two residents within their group days apart began to choke during meal times. Several nurses who managed the choking incident carried out BLS protocol with no success.  LifeVac was used to dislodge the blockage and saved the female patient’s life. Choking is a very common occurrence in the care sector due to the nature of who care providers care for on a daily basis. There are many reasons for this such as Dysphagia, physical disabilities, side effects from […]

LifeVac Saves the Life of 7 year old (55th life saved)

My daughter Maddie is 7 years old and is a chronic choker due to being born with Cerebral Palsy. I am a healthcare provider so I thought I was prepared for any choking incident. In the past back blows have always worked but for my peace of mind, my friend purchased and gifted this lifesaving device to me to have just in case. I really never thought I would have to use it but on March 29th, we were all sat down to have dinner when Maddie started choking on a bite of hamburger. I did not panic at first as this happens all the time. I began to do […]

28th Life Saved: 6 Year Old Saved in Strathmore Alberta

News Release August 1, 2019 LifeVac saves a 6-year-old child in Strathmore, Alberta LifeVac Canada is overjoyed to report that Logan has fully recovered from a block airway emergency! “On August 1, my 6-year-old boy had been counting the money he had just received from the tooth fairy the night before. I went down to the kitchen when suddenly he came running down, unable to breathe and began turning blue. I as a parent have never been so afraid. Before my eyes, my beautiful little boy was choking. A few months prior I had purchased a LifeVac and although I had hoped to never need it, I am so beyond […]