website statistics

Tag Archives: Wheelchair

First responders save man in wheelchair that choked

First Responders Save 79-Year-Old in Wheelchair with LifeVac – #421

LifeVac is happy to share news of our 421st life saved by first responders An Idaho Fire Department received the call of a choking emergency at a residential home.  Upon arrival, a 79-year-old gentleman in a wheelchair was choking on a piece of chicken.  His wife attempted BLS protocol but was unsuccessful in her attempts.  LifeVac… Read more

LifeVac used to save elder care home resident

LifeVac Used to Save Elderly Resident in UK Care Home – #353

LifeVac announces our 353rd life saved We are thrilled to share news of another life saved in the UK care sector, this time within the largest care home provider in the UK.  It was reported to us, that an elderly resident who relies on a wheelchair for daily tasks and suffers from Dementia came into difficulty while… Read more

LifeVac saves young man with Spina Bifida from choking to death

23-Year-Old with Spina Bifida Chokes and is Saved with LifeVac – #352

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 352nd life saved It was reported to the team at LifeVac Europe, that a 23-year-old male who has Spina Bifida came into difficulty while eating a chicken bite.  The food had become lodged in his airway creating a full airway obstruction. BLS first aid choking protocol was performed,… Read more

LifeVac saves 312th life

LifeVac Used to Save 86-Year-Old in Wheelchair – #312

LifeVac proudly shares news of our 312th life saved. It was reported to us that on April 12th an 86-year-old quadriplegic man choked on roasted chicken.  The food caused a partial obstruction of his airway.  Abdominal thrusts were impossible to perform as he is in an electronic wheelchair.  His wife tilted back the wheelchair and used the… Read more

LifeVac saves woman in wheelchair from choking

LifeVac Saves Woman in Wheelchair from Choking – #297

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 297th life saved On January 26th a 32-year-old female with Cerebral Palsy began choking on a piece of bread and a mixture of other food.  The food caused almost a full blockage of her airway.  Her mother who is CPR trained did a finger sweep but was… Read more

LifeVac Saves Resident in Wheelchair from Choking

Elderly Resident in Wheelchair Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #262

LifeVac is thrilled to announce our 262nd life saved It has been reported to us by our partners at LifeVac Europe that we helped save yet another life in the UK care sector, this time within Akari Care. An elderly female wheelchair user came into difficulty while enjoying her dinner. Food had become lodged in her… Read more

LifeVac Saves a Woman with Lou Gehrig’s Disease from Choking – #166

LifeVac is proud to announce its 166th life saved. A woman with Lou Gehrig’s disease experienced a frightening choking scare while eating a hamburger.  Thankfully her daughter had a LifeVac on hand and used the rescue device to remove the obstruction.  “Object came out and she started breathing again”. She had trouble swallowing and we always… Read more

Elderly Patient in Wheelchair Saved with LifeVac – #165

We are extremely pleased to share news from our partners at LifeVac Europe that LifeVac has helped save another life within the UK eldercare sector. A resident who relies on a wheelchair for everyday tasks was enjoying their food during dinner. Within seconds food unfortunately became lodged in their airway creating a full airway obstruction…. Read more