“I am trained in CPR, I did the Heimlich, it did not work, my daughter was dying in front of me. LifeVac saved her life. Please have a LifeVac. It is priceless!”
DON’T BECOME A STATISTIC
• A leading cause of death in children
• 5,000 deaths yearly
• One child dies every 5 days from choking
• Leads to 100,000 visits to the ER yearly
• Over 100 million Americans have no defense against aspiration emergencies due to pregnancy, disability, obesity, or being alone
• More people die from aspirating than die in fires, drowning or accidental shootings
• A leading cause of accidental deaths in persons over the age of 65
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
• 0-4 minutes: Brain damage unlikely
• 4-6 minutes: Brain damage possible
• 6-10 minutes: Brain damage probable
• 10 minutes +: Probably brain death
• Average emergency response time is 7 to 12 minutes
• Of all choking deaths in 2000, 41% caused by food, 59% by nonfood items (balloons, etc)
• Candy is associated with 19% ER visits for aspiration emergencies – 65% due to hard candy and 35% gummy bears, chocolate, caramel, etc.
• Coins were responsible for 18% of ER visits for children age 1 to 4 years
HOW LIFEVAC WORKS
LIFEVAC CAN SAVE A LIFE
LifeVac is designed with a patented valve to prevent any air from exiting through the mask. This patented designed valve prevents air from pushing food or objects downward. This creates a one-way suction to remove the lodged food or object.
• Capable of generating over 300 mmhg of suction
• No prescription required
LIFEVAC HOME KIT
The LifeVac is a non-powered, non-invasive, single patient portable suction device developed for resuscitating a victim with an airway obstruction.
The negative pressure generated by the force of the suction is 3 times greater than the highest recorded abdominal thrusts. The LifeVac is capable of generating over 300 mmHg of suction. The duration of suction is minimal so LifeVac is safe and effective. No prescription required.
The LifeVac Home Kit comes with 1 adult mask, 1 pediatric mask, 1 test mask & Instructions for Use literature.
Donate $5 to CP of Nassau and LifeVac will make a $15 donation The American Journal of Emergency Medicine
www.ajemjournal.com International Journal of Clinical Skills - Peer-reviewed Journal - Successful Use of a Novel device called the LifeVac to Resuscitate Choking Victims - Worldwide Results
OUR CHARITABLE PARTNERS
Made in the USA | LifeVac is now accepting Dealer Applications
Donate $5 to CP of Nassau and LifeVac will make a $15 donation
The American Journal of Emergency Medicine www.ajemjournal.com
International Journal of Clinical Skills - Peer-reviewed Journal - Successful Use of a Novel device called the LifeVac to Resuscitate Choking Victims - Worldwide Results