website statistics

LifeVac Registers its 20th Life Saved


86 year old male patient with Dementia started choking on meat while eating his meal in Thessaloniki, Greece. BLS was performed on the male to dislodge the full airway obstruction which failed. EKAB Emergency Services were then called to the scene as the gentleman started to become unconscious. LifeVac was used by EKAB paramedics to dislodge a large chunk of meat within seconds. The gentleman started to breathe again but felt uncomfortable and was wheezing. He was then taken to Hospital by ambulance where it was determined he had additional food stuck in his lower airway. The clinical team used LifeVac again where it dislodged another chunk of meat from his lower airway. The elderly gentleman made a full recovery with no adverse effects.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *